March 24, 2019
Author: Bianca Yang
Here are some threads which I’ve been thinking about for a while but haven’t managed to consolidate into a blog post.
- When do you give up?
- Bezos’ letter gives a pretty good start to this question by forcing you to distinctly describe what you are trying to achieve and to place a time table on your desired achievement.
- Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
- Work on things that make you happy, regardless of what other people say about them.
- Figure out the price of success and pay it.
- Don’t get distracted by people who are playing a different game from you. (I have a post about this, but I somehow keep needing to remind myself of this.)
- How you live each day is how you live your life.
- Optimize for relationships. Choose the opportunities that will maximize your likelihood of building lasting, meaningful relationships (e.g. college) because people are everything.
- Optimize for happiness. The key criterion for living a good life is to want to be alive.
- I’m not afraid of the work. I’m more afraid of not having good people to work with.
- Next time you want to procrastinate, think hard about what you would be doing instead of what you should be doing.
- There is always hope. Even if there is no hope for you, there must be hope for someone else in the world.
- It’s always a good time to be alive.
- Don’t do work after sundown.
- YOu should build a place in your house that is used for relaxation and recuperation.